Sunday, September 27, 2009

A major milestone!

We are officially on our way to getting rid of diapers.  We tried the potty training thing several months ago, but long story short...it wasn't the right time.  So yesterday, out of the blue, Lindsey decided she was ready to start wearing big girl panties, and I figured, "why not?"  So we have taken the plung and we aren't looking back.  We've had a few accidents, but she is doing a great job and is feeling like a big girl.  (Although, honestly, it's about time.  We've been reading a book (every night the past 2 weeks) "I'm a Big Kid Now" that my cousin, Bryan, gave to her.  She knew what to do and could articulate it very well.)  We've been talking more about it the past few days and I finally told her it is time to stop talking about it.  Grandma and Grandpa gave her lots of encouragement on Friday.  I have to admit that I've been using peer pressure too.  Thanks to everyone who has given her words of encouragement!  We are on our way!

3 comments:

joe said...

Hooray! If we weren't having a baby in a few weeks we'd be right there with you. Maybe she can teach Molly a thing or two when you come to visit!
Go Lindsey!!!

(this is shawna, not joe)

Unknown said...

Yeah!! That is so exciting and will save you a lot of money=) Can't wait to visit tomorrow!

Tyler said...

Way to go Lindsey! It's a tough couple of weeks, but it's get's better (at least that's what I hear!) I wouldn't plan any road trips for a while.