You may be thinking....wait a minute...tooday isn't Lindsey's birthday...and you would be right. Tomorrow is, but Daddy has to be at church tomorrow evening, so we are celebrating Lindsey's birthday today. We invited Grandma, Grandpa and Papaw over for a dinner. It was Lindsey's choice...spaghetti, green beans and garlic bread (without the crust, of course). It was a very low key party with dinner and opening gifts.
I took the easy way out this year and bought her cake at Sam's Club, then added a little Rapunzel doll (remember, we just went and saw Tangled, starring Rapunzel, last week). It was cute and pleased Lindsey, which was my goal. (Note her cute haircut. I actually cut it myself. My first time. It is a little shorter than I planned, but I think it turned out pretty cute.)
She was blessed with many fun gifts, including a few for her doll Sally
(because it was her birthday too you know....she turned 2).
A big hit!!! the Unicorn pillowpet, which is very popular this Christmas season. Thankfully we purchased this a few months ago. (I can't help but think about the Cabbage Patch Kids craze from when I was a kid. I don't think the pillowpets made it to quite that level though.)
Grandma and Grandpa.
(Somehow I didn't get Papaw in a picture. Sorry Papaw.)
It's hard to believe our little one is 4. She is growing up so fast. She is such a blessing and we express our gratitude daily to Heavenly Father for sending us such a wonderful miracle. Lindsey, we love your spunky personality and the love you have for others. You want to make good choices and you love to learn. We love your hugs and kisses and feel blessed to be your parents. We love you sweetheart!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment