Wow! As I look back upon April 2011 I am reminded of the busy month and good times we had with family.
Warning...there are a lot of pictures in this post.
General Conference Weekend
We attend General Conference two weekends per year. It is a time when we watch and listen (on tv) to the Prophet and Leaders of the church. It has become a tradition for our family to watch this at Mom and Dad's house. In an attempt to help Lindsey listen more I had a plethera of activities help her sit quietly...with a hope that should would hear the words and learn some things too. :)
Lindsey concentrating on a sticker activity.
Dazzling fingers...
Somehow Lindsey's stickers ended up on as "nail polish" on her and Grandma's fingers.
Spring Flowers
I love tulips! They are a tie for my favorite flower...with Daisies. They make me happy. This little one popped up in my tulip garden. It brought a smile to my face. I didn't get to enjoy my tulips long outside once they bloomed because Lindsey was always very anxious to pick it and bring it inside to put in a vase. It was a highlight of her day when she found a new one had bloomed.Our new Spring wreath (we hung in the kitchen)
This is craft project idea I got from a friend (thanks, Elise). We had a great time painting the flowers (made from egg cartons). I have tons of buttons so they took place as the center of the flower. We added some paper leaves for the finishing touch, and viola! It was complete. I think it turned out very cute!Rain...Rain...Rain...
Grandma bought Lindsey a new rain coat and shoes. She had to try things out in the water puddles...she couldn't wait until we got home to put on her rain boots.She was havign a great time playing in the water.
New Addition...Not 1, but 6
Six new chicks that is.
We have been thinking about buying chickens for a few years but just haven't felt completely prepared for them. I can't say we are prepared now, either, but one day while in Rural King Jeremy got a wild hair and said "let's do it...today!" Lindsey and I didn't argue. So we brought home six chicks...two Buff Orpington, two Black Australorp and two Isa Brown. Lindsey is the mother hen. She loves her chickens! (That is an understatement). We read in our chicken book that if you will hold them and snuggle them from the time you bring them home that they will be much more used to people. Lindsey has taken that to heart. These chickens are her babies.
Happy Easter
Our Little Fam
Coloring eggs at Grandma and Grandpa's house
Let's Call Her Teresa
Jeremy found this turtle somewhere and brought it up to the house. Lindsey is fascinated by all the wildlife around us. If she can touch it or hold it...she probably will. This turtle didn't stay around long, but for the few days she lived in our flower bed...we called her Teresa.
Way Out Back
I looked out one day and saw these boys out back. They were strutting their stuff. I was fascinated to see them all puffed out and trying to outdue each other.
Jaimee's Prom 2011

Jaimee got invited to attend her first prom. We went to see her off and take a few (lots!) of pictures. She is a beautiful young lady...inside and out!
Molly, Jaimee, Bella, Emma and Lindsey
Shawna and the girls came into town so Shawna could do Jaimee's hair. The girls thought Jaimee looked like a princess.Jaimee's dress was beautiful. It took on different hues in different ligths. Sometimes it was a purple/grey and other times it was a light burgandy. The bottom of the dress was very detailed. Just look at that pretty flower.
Emma, Molly, Lindsey
We drove to a park where we met the group Jaimee was going to the prom with. We took lots of nice pictures. The girls were very patient and enjoyed playing together and catching up.
Mom and Bella
Fun at the Park
After Jaimee left for the prom we all went to play at another park down the road. Here are some fun moments I caught on camera.
Scott and Shawna had fun on the swings. A sibling challenge to see who could go the highest. Scott then showed us a talent from his childhood as he jumped out. :)
Bella
Emma
Molly
Lindsey
A cute picture of Bella. I couldn't resist including this one.
An Engine Show
If you've ever read anything about our family then you know that we go to engine shows to support one of Daddy's hobbies. These pictures are from yet another engine show.
They had some fun, free activities for the kids...
Lindsey showing me she can go feet first down the HUGE blow up slide.
Trying it another way. On yet another try (sorry, but the picture didn't turn out well) she went head first.
Pony ride
Barrel ride with her friend, Patrick.
Patrick was there with this his Dad and brother. He was a good sport and played with Lindsey.
























1 comment:
I am so happy!!! I love the updates, I thought maybe you had decided to drop blogging, but I am so proud of you for picking up where you left off and plowing through 2011. You are amazing! Love you!!!
Post a Comment