Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Morning at Home!

Christmas day came with much excitement this year.  Lindsey is starting to figure out how things work, especially the gifts.  I waited and didn't wrap presents on purpose this year because I knew she just couldn't keep her hands off.  So, December 21st she came to me and said, "mom, you need to wrap some presents".  I said, "really, why?"  She replied, "yes, so I can open them".  I chuckled.  The next day I finally started wrapping.  She got to place the presents under the tree and took the time to place them ever so nicely and neating spaced out.  She cracks me up.



Okay, so really on to Christmas day, sorry.  Jeremy and I woke up at 6:45 a.m. and started to get ready.  I went to check on Lindsey before I got in the shower and she said, "Uh-oh", to which I replied, "are you okay?", she said, "yes", I said "get some rest", she said, "okay" and I left to get in the shower.  About 5 minutes later she ran into the bathroom and asked with great enthusiasm, "Mom! Did Santa come?"  I said, "yes, he did".  She was so excited.  Now, I can tell you that I am grateful that she is 3 without the influence of older siblings, because we were able to keep her upstairs until we were ready...I know...we are so mean.  :)  So we got ready and went downstairs.  She walked around the corner to see what Santa left.



I wish I could have been in front of her to catch this emotion.  In her Lindsey fashion she clasped her hands, took a deep breath and said, "Oh my goodness!"


She started to look through things then looked to side to see another present and I caught this...


Another, "Oh my!"  (She is a hoot!)

So she played with the things Santa brought her while Jeremy and cooked breakfast and we waited for Grandma, Grandpa and Papaw come over.  We then ate breakfast and then opened the rest of our presents.  (I know, I know.  I am just terrible, but this is one way that we try to enjoy the gift giving instead of having it all over in 10 minutes.  It really does work well for us.)  Here are a few pictures...




The previous two pictures tell you a lot about our day.  After each present she would take the time to look it over.  She knew exactly what gifts she received.


Sally even received two gifts this year.  This is a picture of Lindsey opening one of Sally's gift.  As you see in the picture she is telling Sally how exciting this is.


Not long after the gifts were opened I asked Lindsey to go get dressed.  She came back down dressed as a ballerina and started enjoying her new gifts.

On a side note....one of Lindsey's highlights for the day (like she needed something else) was that it was raining, which meant that...

she could use her new umbrella!

As you can see, we had a wonderful time together Christmas morning at home.  Memories I will forever cherish, filled with gratitude to my Father in Heaven for making it so wonderful!  Oh how I love the magic of Christmas through the eyes of a child.

No comments: