Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy Birthday, Grandma!

February 11th was Mom's birthday.  We celebrated on Friday evening with a cake and homemade pizza.

I made the cake and Lindsey had a great time decorating it.

Every red heart was stratigically placed.

Grandma and Lindsey

My mom has always been a rock in my life, especially when it comes to the gospel.  She has been able to answer any question I've ever had, and I appreciate that.  She taught me to recognize the promptings of the Spirit at a young age, and I know that attributed to my strong testimony.  She has always encouraged me to do better and follow my dreams.  She has always been my voice of reason, and I still hear her often.  : )  I will always remember her example of service as she reached out to others in need, often taking me along.  Unfortunately I can't say that we have always been the best of friends...because you know...I used to be a teenager...but I can say that now my mom is one of my closest friends.  She is there for me, no matter what!  I love that we live close and she is a part of my daily life, despite this we still have daily phone conversations...something I will miss terribly when she is gone.  I am who I am because of my mother...for better or worse.  I am grateful for all the sacrifices she has made through her life for my behalf.  I could not have asked for a better mother!  Mom, I love you!  Thanks for being you!

No comments: