Sunday evening the Columbus 2nd Ward (of the Indianapolis Stake -- the church congregation I belong to) held an Easter Fireside at which I was asked to speak on the Life and Ministry of Jesus Christ. It was a blessing and a privilege to speak. I enjoyed the time I had to study and ponder what I would say in the short time I was alotted. (Honestly, keeping it short was what I struggled with the most. I could have talked about this for 20-30 minutes and been just fine.) I think it went well, and I felt like Heavenly Father directed my words. Here are a few things from my talk.
Elder Bruce R. McConkie has said the following about the Atonement of Christ "nothing in the entire plan of salvation compares in any way in importance with the most transcendent of all events, the atoning sacrifice of our Lord. It is the most important single thing that has ever occurred in the entire history of created things; it is the rock foundation upon which the gospel and all other things rest".
Let us remember every day, especially during this Easter season the blessings we are eligible for because of the sacrifices of our Savior. Let us remember to call on His name often. Elder Neal A. Maxwell said the following, "Atoning Jesus is already familiar with our sins, sicknesses, and sorrows. He can carry them now because He has successfully carried them before".
I know this is true and I am grateful every day for the knowledge I have of our Heavenly Father's Plan of Salvation. I am grateful for Christ's Atonement for Me in the Garden of Gethsemane, followed by His crucifixion. He has allowed me to be forgiven of my sins as well as provide me an opportunity to live with Him, my Heavenly Father and my family forever. Two things I will always be indebted to Him for.
No comments:
Post a Comment