We went camping at the West Boggs Park with our friends, the Dill family. We had a great time living simply and just enjoying being together. Warning!!! There are many pictures to tell the eventful story...
It rained quite a bit during our stay, so here I am making dinner under Lindsey's Dora umbrella. It worked great!
Lindsey and Daddy inside the tent...yes, it leaked. :(
This is the first camping trip that Lindsey took her bike. She had a great time riding with Katelyn and Bryce, and they were so nice to go slow so she could keep up. I love this picture of Lindsey riding with her baby doll (which Katelyn bought for her) in her trunk. She had such a good time doing this.
Here we are in the shower house...and there is a story for this one too. We had some severe weather...including a thunderstorm and tornado warning. The Park Ranger came through the park and told everyone to seek shelter. Now...go back a little earlier in the day when I threw my backpack into the tent and it accidently hit our radio during the weather report. We received advance warning of the storm coming our way. Throughout the day we would listen to get an update of the storm. I packed my backpack with some activities for Lindsey, just in case, and asked Katelynn to do the same. During one of my trips to the bath house I scoped out the best place for us to go it we needed to. Okay, so now, back to when the Park Ranger came through...we grabbed our bags and Jeremy grabbed our radio (which was a good thing because we had the only one in the whole camp area). We headed to the bath house and as it got more serious the girls and I went into the shower area to hang out (which is where we are in the this picture). Now, as the storm got worse, Lindsey got more and more concerned. I could see that she was tired, and thankfully I remembered to pack her purple blanket (which is her special blanket). So we cuddled, and this is what happened next....
she slept right through the storm.
Thankfully there were no tornadoes, but we did get to hang out for 1 1/2 hours until the storm passed and the warning was lifted. I will forever be grateful for what I am certain was no accident when my bag hit the radio. I know Heavenly Father was protecting us as we were away from home in what could have been a terrible situation...it was actually fun.
Free face painting (Lindsey's first time).
She chose a heart and butterfly.
Free putt-putt (also Lindsey's first time). She tried with the putter
until see figured out she could do better just using her hands.
We also went fishing on Bryan's pontoon, which is
great because we can all fit easily.
Lindsey was the minnow girl.
I baited my hook and took the fish off for the first time
(I hate this picture but it's all we got).
Lindsey loves fishing and being on the boat. She is so good and doesn't fight me about the life jacket.
Daddy loves fishing. He and the boys went everyday...and the rest of us benefited from this with a huge fish fry on the last night. So yummy!
Another first...water balloons. The kids brought water balloons and Lindsey had fun throwing them back and forth with Daddy. Once she felt comfortable she starting throwing them at other things, including Bryce.
The kids. They had such a great time!
As you can see this camping trip was definitely eventful, but we had a great time. We love the simplicity of camping and "getting away" from the rest of the world.













1 comment:
How fun! Lindsey-thanks for teaching my girls what to do when the siren goes off! We'll have to go camping sometime.
Post a Comment