Thursday, November 25, 2010
Thanksgiving was a day filled with family and good times. I just realized I didn't take ANY pictures...that's just sad. We had Jeremy's family over to our home, which was really nice. I love cooking and love having everyone over. It wasn't a huge production, just a nice time of being together. We were planning to have our Annual Thompson Family Turkey Shoot...but we got rained out. Bummer!
My family went out to eat at Sadie's, a restaurant in town. After they ate some of them met back at Mom and Dad's. That's when we were able to join in. We hung out with everyone and enjoyed being together. I love getting together with our family...I'm not sure why we don't do it more often. Oh well....I guess life just gets in the way sometimes.
Thanksgiving Day was a very hard day for me. We had just gone through a VERY emotional trial regarding our adoption process. A few months earlier we were contacted by a birthmother who lives three hours away. We drove to meet her and she said she wanted to give us her baby...who was due the day after Thanksgiving. To make a long story short...she went into labor early and the baby was born October 8th. She couldn't make a decision right away, which we were very understanding of. We can only imagine how hard it is for a birthmother to place her baby for adoption...and it is probably even harder than we can imagine. In early November she told us she just couldn't do it. We were crushed. We had been through a very emotional roller coaster. I am not sharing all the details because it would just take too long. So now we are back in the process. I gave thanks today for my family and the wonderful miracle we were given in Lindsey. I couldn't help but think about the little boy who was almost ours...he was in my heart all day. It was (and still is) very hard to wait and wonder when will the time come for our family to grow.
No comments:
Post a Comment