Wisconsin Here We Come! ... Lucas is 8!
We started the month off with a trip to Wisconsin to my sisters house. My nephew, Lucas, was eight years old and was getting baptized. He asked me to speak on the Holy Ghost. His baptism was beautiful and we had a great time visiting with him and his family.
Lucas...very handsome in his suit and tie.
The family who was there...
Dad, Me, Shawna, Bella, Joe
Emma, Molly, Grandma, Lindsey and Lucas
Fun at Home!
This picture isn't the best in the world, but I couldn't resist capturing this memory. This happens often in our home. Lindsey is usually dressed up as something (not always a princess), and she usually gets Daddy up to dance with her. Most of our time at home is spent singing, dancing or being entertained by Lindsey. She has an amazing imagination and it is rarely idle!
Happy Birthday, Mom!
Mom turned 70 this month. I can't believe it. She looks great and gets around pretty well. We've celebrated at lot with her recently. The day before her birthday was her last day in the working world. She retired! It was a big decision for her, but she always said she would know when it was the right time and she felt that it was now. It's fun to see Mom and Dad getting used to each other again. They are enjoying retirement together. We had Mom and Dad over for a birthday dinner for Mom. I made this beautiful Red Velvet Cake. It was yummy! I always think of my brother, Ray, when I eat red velvet...it's his favorite. He used to ask Mom to make a cake for him everytime he could come home to visit when he was in the military. Happy Day, Mom! Thanks for being you! We love you!
Books!
Another thing Lindsey and I like to do together (A LOT!!!!) is read. We recently found out the bookmobile comes a few miles away from our home every other week...so we ventured over and had a blast. We checked out a lot of books and sat in the car to read a few before we headed home.
The Anticipation...
This is another familiar sight in our home. Whenever Lindsey knows someone is coming over she will pull this chair over in front of the windows and sit and watch. I don't even remember who was coming over at this time, I just wanted to capture the memory. The anticipation of a child is catching. You can see the excitement on her face. So sweet.






1 comment:
Love the dancing picture of Lindsey and Jeremy!! Glad you caught it on camera!!
Post a Comment