Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Another year has passed...my how quickly they go.  My birthday fell on General Conference Sunday (which I enjoy) again this year, which means not a lot of who-ha and fanfare, but rather a nice relaxing day (which I'm not complaining about) listening to the prophet and general authorities.  We spent the day at Mom & Dad's watching 4 hours of conference.  Grandma and Mitch visited with us too.  We had a great time just being together.  Since it was my day I got to select the lunch menu, so I chose my favorite...turkey, noodles, mashed potatoes and green beans.  It was wonderful!  Thanks, Mom.



Lindsey had a great time helping Mom ice my favorite cake (devil's food with Betty Crocker Fluffy White Icing - made from the box, not the can).  She thought she was a big girl getting to have her own knife.  She made sure the birthday song was sung too.


On Saturday I was suprised with these beautiful gerber daisies (which happen to be one of my favorites) from a dear friend and her girls.  It was a wonderful surprise!


Another photo of my beautiful flowers.  They were so cheerful.

I also received many wonderful cards, phone calls and e-mails...it was nice to be remembered.  Although I'm getting older I still like to think of it as the one day a year that is special and just for me (and the other thousands who share it with me). 

1 comment:

Janell said...

I am glad you had a happy Birthday!! Those flowers are beautiful