For those of you who may not know...we had a grease fire in our home on Saturday, August 1st. Long story short...we were extremely blessed. Jeremy received the most damage...2nd degree burns on both hands and 1st degree burns on both feet and lower left leg. The first two weeks were spent at home with a daily trip to the hospital's out-patient wound care and a weekly trip to the doctor in Greenwood. The doctor trip has remained a weekly event, and wound care has dwindled from daily to every other day, then just last week we were able to change to once a week for that too. Today was his weekly visit to the doctor where he received great news. The doctor (who wanted Jeremy to do a skin graft from the beginning) looked at his hand, said it was healing well, asked if Jeremy could make a fist - which Jeremy demonstrated right away, then said he didn't need to come back and see him...just call if he was having any problems when it was all healed. Jeremy waited in the waiting room longer than he was with the doctor today (and he only waited about 5-10 minutes), but I am not complaining. This was a very unfortunate event for our family, but we feel very blessed in many ways. Jeremy and I received Priesthood Blessings the day of the event and have been holding fast to the blessings and promised mentioned therein. We know that his progress has been due to blessings from our Heavenly Father. Our next goal is to lessen his visits to wound care..he goes back this Thursday. Hopefully he can go to every other week or something better. We'll see.
The next step is to get our carpet in the family room replaced. I am torn on whether we should put in laminate wood or carpet. I just don't know. It's about time to make a decision though.
2 comments:
That is wonderful news. We pray that Jeremy will continue to fully recover and best wishes with the flooring decisions! :)
YAY!! I found your blog!! So...what did you decide? Laminate or Carpet? And of course pictures will be necessary as well. My blog is http://rowlettfamily.blogspot.com I'm not very good with keeping up with it but I hope to get better once I'm more settled.
Post a Comment