Tuesday, August 25, 2009

We Love to Paint

A few weeks ago while Jeremy was off work we all visited the pottery store -- Simply Pottery (I just LOVE that place.)  I thought I would start my Christmas gifts early this year.  I was also feeling brave and thought Lindsey might like to paint too.  At first she was more interested with the toys they have available, but once I started she was ready to join in.

I must admit it was difficult for me to let her do her own thing. It may have had something to do with the pink, purple, blue and brown paint on her plate...especially when most of the paint was placed right in the center. The cutest thing was the finishing touch...a fingerprint bunny we put on the back with her name and date.
I will say that her plate turned out really cute and she loves to eat on her special plate that she painted.  I recognized that once I was able to let go and allow her to just do her own thing we all had a great time (even Jeremy).

2 comments:

Nana said...

I expect a custom made piece of artwork from Lindsey for Christmas. Go Picasso!
1-4-3 (stands for I Love You)
From Aunt Joyce

Unknown said...

I have always wanted to go to there! Maybe that could be our Girls Night Out=)

Lindsay